When you think about moving up from a compact digital to a semi-professional digital SLR model, take into consideration the Pentax K-x. It is an honest contender in the entry level “cheap DSLR camera” class.
In spite of being regarded by the camera review sites as one of the best models in its class, Pentax K-x surely falls into the Cheap DSLR Camera category, beginning at a cost of UNDER $650, which comes with the 18-55mm Kit Lens.
In addition to having a very well developed model, Pentax has taken a bold move and offered this little gem in colors!
What photographer with any self esteem at all would carry around a RED DSLR… or BLUE? And if you are purchasing in the Orient, you can find enough color to match an total wardrobe.
Good grief! What could the Pentax people be thinking? What happened to the unmentioned “Black Only” rule?
It’s kind of like a man wearing pink. If you are secure in your maleness, it is effective.
Well as far as this cheap DSLR is concerned, the manufacturer is confident in the quality of the camera, so they can pull off the inclusion of vibrant colors.
Here is an excerpt from the Pentax Product Description: “…And the Pentax K-x, being a formidable contender in the entry level category, offers superior features which includes Live View, HD video and photographic overall performance that challenges higher class products. With a one-handed shooting design that is extremely compact, lightweight, and easy-to-use, the highly affordable Pentax K-x may very well be just the right alternative for photographers moving up from a point-and-shoot digital camera to their initial digital SLR.”
Just a few of the benefits of this model include things like:
* A fantastic CMOS image sensor that is 12.4-megapixels and contains its own variant of Image Stabilization, which is called “Shake Reduction” by this supplier.
* Video Capture at HD 720p – none of the other models at this cost offer video at all, let alone HD video.
* LCD is 2.7″ and features Live View, which compact digital photography addicts will probably be very acquainted with.
* Image Quality matches all others in its category, and surpasses the others when ISO is raised above 800.
* Burst rate of 4.7 frames per second enables for stop action photos, again as good or better than its competition.
* HDR in-camera processing – High Dynamic Range is really increasing in popularity with photography enthusiasts. This camera (unlike any other in its class) will combine 3 shots of diverse light values into one photo with rather good results.
The benefits are really impressive. And you can do all this with a Red, White or Blue camera. How patriotic.
But, seriously, this is one very highly regarded cheap DSLR camera.
See how the Pentax K-x really stacks up against the other cheap DSLR cameras.
Go to www.digital-photographic-resources.com.